Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Software Recommendation

In preparation for Easter, I'm reading N.T. Wright's The Resurrection and the Son of God. I was surprised to find a strong commendation of the Nota Bene software package in the preface (p. xx). I checked the prefaces of all three of the volumes in his Christian Origins and the Question of God series and found that he used Nota Bene for all of them. There's nothing in Nota Bene's marketing materials that cites N.T. Wright's commendation!

I've owned this package for years, but have never really used it. Every time I've written a paper I've been under such a tight deadline (most often due to my own procrastination) that I've defaulted to Microsoft. The superiority of Nota Bene for academic research and note taking is obvious. Now, knowing that N.T. Wright has produced these 800-plus page books with the package, I have more resolve to try to learn it.

No comments: